Confident Beautiful Wynning Smiles

Teeth cleaning and exams in Huntington Beach, California

Poor dental hygiene is a leading cause of tooth loss

Good oral hygiene starts at home. But there’s no substitute for professional teeth cleanings to help keep your smile looking its best.

Call or Text 657-464-5888

Benefits of regular teeth cleanings

Cleaning your teeth isn’t like jumping in the shower. With surfaces between teeth and below the gum line, thorough cleanings are best left to the professionals.

Regular cleanings help:

  • Eliminate hard to reach food debris that feeds bacteria
  • Improve gum heath and reduce the likelihood of gum inflammation and infection
  • Prevent bone loss, which left unchecked can lead to loss of teeth
  • Minimize the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and other systemic diseases associated with poor oral hygiene
young woman at the dentist office

No Insurance? We got you! $99 New Patient Exam Special

health vs disease periodontal

Did you know?

  • Gum disease starts with gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) and then progress to periodontitis
  • Gum health is measured by X-rays and a perio probe, a small instrument that measures the depth of the pocket between teeth and gums
  • Routine brushing, flossing, and regular cleaning at a dental office is only effective up to 3mm of depth – but gum disease can take hold deeper than that
  • Root planning can help repair gums eroded by advanced gum disease

We do exams differently

There’s nothing “general” about our general dentistry. We take a comprehensive care approach to your oral health, because good overall health is about more than just teeth.

  • Thorough exam of teeth, tissue, joint, and muscle
  • Detailed exam of gum health
  • Complimentary oral cancer screening and sleep evaluation*
Wynning Smiles office
A woman receiving a dental cleaning procedure.

Oral health starts at home

The work done at the dental office accounts for 40% of your overall dental health. The remaining 60% happens at home.

Great home care is the key to healthy teeth, and we can help you get there with routine exam, x-rays, and cleaning.

Don’t discount the little, daily efforts. They add up.